Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Another Post, That's Two Thus Far Shooter...


So I am back for my long anticipated sequel, yeah this is my second post in three months, I know bad. My Mom kept on saying, "What's the point in having a blog if you never blog?" Touché Carol, Touché. So I'm back to share another profound thought from my massive brain. So I have been watching the NBA playoffs every day all day, nothing but the playoffs, Black Mamba, King James, Superman, Birdman, yeah all of that stuff. I can't believe I am actually watching these games with my beloved Jazz out fishing early this year. The games have been great but I have come to expect a few things after spending 3 weeks watching nothing but basketball, here is a nice list because I prefer lists-


1. There must be at least 3 Lebron vs. Kobe commercials every timeout, 12 during half time.


2. Every "Birdman" play is immediately followed by a reference about his many tattoos, yes we
get it, the guy is a freak covered in tattoos.


3. Every other comment made during either game are the insane questions, "Is Kobe better than MJ? Is Lebron better than MJ? Is Lebron better than Kobe? Are the Denver Nuggets really that Ugly?" Stop asking these stupid questions! Come back when you have 6 rings and then we will talk. Whoever wins between Lebron or Kobe is the better player. Yes the Nuggets are that ugly, end of discussion. Lets come up with better, more original questions like how much hate mail does JJ Redick get before a game? Who smoked more reefer during the playoffs, Lamar or K-Mart? Will Stan Van Gundy have a heart attack during one of his rants? These are much better questions.


4. The refs can't seem to stop blowing the whistle. How many Ts are and flagrants are going to be called these playoffs? Let the boys play! I don't care if someone breathed on Kobe or if Superman smiled at Mo Williams, keep the whistle out of your mouth.


5. All the Lakers need to do to beat the Nuggets is have them inbound the ball with under a minute left, you have got to be kidding me!


6. TNT or ESPN will interview at least one famous Laker fan who has no idea where they are or what sport is being played right in front of them. Kyra Sedgwick, you crazy lady you.


7. Jeff Van Gundy and Mark Jackson will say something every 5 minutes that will make me hate them even more.


8. Damon Jones will stand up every Lebron dunk, and he doesn't even play for the Cavs anymore, he is basically their permanent guy cheerleader.


9. The terms, "We know drama" "Very funny" "Where amazing happens" and "That's terrrrrrrible" will be said a combined 50 times a game.


10. The NBA playoffs is one of the top sporting events there is, behind March Madness and Bowl Season, the World Series would be my favorite but the Giants are never in the playoffs to begin with.
Well look for these things your next round of games and enjoy the playoffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment